Research Achievements of Kim, Choong Sun (±èÃæ¼±, C.S. Kim)
Exceptional Research Achievements (Æ¯ÃâÇÑ ¿¬±¸¾÷Àû)
- "Forward-Backward Asymmetry (FBA) of Top Quark Production at p-pbar colliders" : Predicted the first in the world in 1987, about 20 years later Measured at CDF and D0.
- "Charge Asymmetry of W+- Production at p-pbar colliders" : Defined and Predicted the first in the world in 1988, later Measured by Tevatron and LHC, cited and co-cited more than 5000 times.
- "Hadronic Invariant Mass in semileptonic B meson decays" : Proposed the first in the world in 1990 for the measurement of V_ub, later Used at Belle and BaBar to measure V_ub, eventually to confirm the standard model CP violation, then to Nobel prize of physics in 2008 (Kobayashi and Maskawa).
- "New Novel Approach to Electroweak Theory and Experiment" : Proposed in 1994, and Predicted the mass of Top quark about 170 GeV, much before the real discovery of Top in 1997.
- "Consistent Resolution of B --> K phi decay" : Proposed in 2003, Lead to "the Scientist of the Month" for April 2004 from Korea Government.
- "Discovery of Light Sterile Neutrinos at the LHC" : Proposed as a new method the first in the world (09.2015), Selected as "Spotlighting Exceptional Research" by American Physical Society (11.2015).